How long did this take to make?
October 7th 2019 I completed Project: Bleep Bloop. It took a full year to convert every custom song I made to Clone Hero. 73 new charts.
Shortly after I set aim on finishing and releasing Patterns 5. When I started working through it I quickly realised the enormity of the challenge. Progress was slow until recently (I’ve poured some 5-6 hour sessions in!).
Every pattern needed to be sorted. I used a text to speech program to create audio clips which read out every user. Then I had to take all that information and make a song and chart from it.
The patterns are nearly always like for like; I really tried to stay faithful to the submissions. If a pattern needed awkward 21st or 38th notes, they are in there. I must have made some errors. Everything was manual and nothing was automated. I must have forgotten people or used the wrong patterns for some! Let me know, I’ll make it up to you.
It was so interesting trying to make every pattern work. Then I started adding announcer call-outs and everything starting coming together. The original YouTube comments are mostly copied over 1:1 in the video… one by one by one by one by one by one by one.
Music 50+ hours to produce. Video 10 hours to edit. Worth it.