1. Add > New Song (shortcut alt+n)
2. Song Data. Enter the song name first, without any spaces. This is the name which GHTCP uses, not how it will appear in the game. Click the “…” to add the audio and chart files. “Audio Type” relates to how many audio tracks you have. A single Track is standard. Use the .ogg file for the Guitar Track and the .chart file for the chart. Using other audio file formats, like .mp3 can lead to audio sync problems.
3. Song Properties are auto populated, it isn’t needed to change these settings. You can add a year (add one space before entering the year). The hammer-on value can be changed to make normal charts all strum notes, or all hammer-on notes. The offset can be changed to fix audio sync issues, for some songs. Once you click “apply” the song will be added to your song list.
4. Drag the newly added song from the song list to the tier songs list. Be sure to press the “=” button next to “default unlocked songs”. This will ensure that the song is unlocked when you load the game. Select file and then “execute actions” (shortcut ctrl+alt+s). Select yes to confirm.
5. The execute actions box will show the progress. You can add more than one song at a time. It will take longer depending on how many songs you are adding.