How to import custom songs into GH3 PC
the easiest way to import custom songs into GH3 PC is using GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) by MaXKilleR. – Tutorial. The Easiest way to play Custom Songs now, is via Clone Hero!
System Requirements for Guitar Hero 3 PC
- Operating System: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista
- CPU Processor: Intel Pentium D (Dual Core) 2.8GHZ or AMD Athlon 64 3500+
- Memory: XP – 1 GB RAM, Vista – 2GB RAM
- Video Memory (VRam): Video Card: 3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required – 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 128 MB Video Memory
- Hard Disk Space: 5.1 GB + 1GB Swap File
- Video Card: ATI Radeon X800/ NVidia Geforce 7600
- Media Required (Boxed Version Only): DVD-ROM
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHZ or AMD Athlon Dual Core 4400+
- Memory: 2 GB
- Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB 3D Hardware Accelerator Card MB
- Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2600/ NVidia Geforce 8800 GT
Playing Custom songs on other formats (PS2, Wii, PS3, XBOX 360)
For help with playing Custom Songs on other consoles I recommend looking in the custom songs section of the scorehero.com forums. A popular alternative to GH3 PC and GHTCP is the free guitar hero clone frets on fire. The easiest way to play Custom Songs is via Clone Hero.
Improving performance in GH3 for PC
Disabling vsync, removing flames and removing the background graphics is recommended on all hardware configurations to reduce input latency on GH3 for PC. Guitar Hero 3 PC Optimization Guide
Why is Guitar Hero 3 crashing after adding new songs?
If your game is crashing before the setlist shows, you may have added too many songs to that setlist. Try to add no more than 95 songs to a setlist to prevent this crash from happening. Clone Hero supports an unlimited number of songs.
What Software can I use to create/chart custom songs?
Moonscraper is the best chart editing software available and it supports all things like tapping sections and broken sustains within Clone Hero. Feedback 0.97b is the classic editor used to make Guitar Hero 3 charts, get feedback on the downloads page. Find resources and tutorials on the feedback chart editor here.
How to Force HOPO notes
- In feedback chart editor, go to the note you want to reverse the hopo/strum status of
- Push the “W” Key and put an asterisk in the event box (*)
- Save the chart file
- Open the chart file in notepad and push CTRL + H to access the “find and replace” dialogue box
- Put “E *” in the find field, and put “N 5 0” in the replace field and push enter to confirm
- Save the file and import it into the game.
Warning if you try opening a chart with forced HOPO notes in feedback, the program will crash as soon as you get to that part of the chart. In order to reopen the chart in feedback without it crashing you will need to remove the forced notes (by replacing N 5 0 with E *, reverting to the original state)
Making “3999” note charts:
“For those of you who aren’t familiar with 3999 charts, basically they are charts of sections of songs looped over and over again, great for building endurance and consistency.” – ThreevanGH
Check out this video tutorial (Youtube) by ThreevanGH for making “3999” note charts
VST plugins I like to use:
- Sytrus: versatile range of presets
- Poizone: good synth presets, but the fatter sounds can make the mix messy if you aren’t careful and try using them all together
- Edirol Orchestral: realistic string/acoustic sounds
- ezdrummer: alternative to using individual samples for drum tracks
- Morphine: nice presets. The lead sounds are varied and versatile
- Nexus: huge selection of quality presets
- Massive: intuitive user interface which is excellent for designing sounds from scratch
- FM8: intuitive interface. You can design unique sounds
- Sylenth1: powerful plugin for designing sounds
Some Presets I have used:
Poizone – Bas Got Milk? ToTc – this is a square sound I have used in many tracks (Pacman Wizard, Patterns, Turbulence, Black Hole Buckethead sequence…)
Poizone – LED The Prophet ToTc – Victory Solo O, Victory Solo X verse lead
Sytrus – Electric 4 – A lead sound I was using all the time when I began using FL Studio (The Sixth Fret, Ballad of Fat Tony…)
Morphine – LED Morphomatic FG – Versatile synth lead (Uber Juice pre-outro sequence)
Morphine – LED Look Ma No Filters FG – Wet lead sound. (Black Hole opening and solos)
What video editing software do you use?
Adobe After Effects.
What render settings do you use?
Bear in mind I haven’t uploaded a video for some time. YouTube since now supports 4K, and 60fps. Each I would seek to take advantage of in future uploads. The information is relating to the render settings I have used for previous videos. I use Adobe Media Encoder to render my videos. Whatever software you are using, if you can render uncompressed and follow the settings below in adobe media encoder, your videos will look the same as mine do. They might not be the “optimal” settings for YouTube videos, but it works good enough for me. A free alternative to Adobe Media Encoder is Virtual Dub. The only reason I use Adobe Media Encoder is because it allows me to import and render After Effects projects directly, which is easier than rendering uncompressed and then using virtual dub for compression.
My Render Settings in Adobe Media Encoder:
Preset: hdtv 1080p (or 720p) 29.97fps high quality
Frame rate: 29.97
Aspect ratio: widescreen 16:9
Render at maximum depth option checked
Encoding: vbr 1 pass
Target bitrate: 32
Maximum bitrate: 40
Use maximum render quality checked
For Audio: under the audio tab go to “bitrate settings kbps” and use 320kbps
Rendering uncompressed will result in a 30-100+GB file! After compression a 5 minute 1080p video will be around 1GB
Can you make a preview video for my song?
Unfortunately I can’t fulfil every request. Each video takes hours of creative work and I get requests on a weekly basis. Almost every time I have helped others has been me approaching them, not them approaching me. Make an awesome song and let me know about it, sure, there is always a chance I’ll love it and drop everything to help you. If I can’t help you please don’t take it personally. Always feel free to request stuff and I’ll at least try to come up with an idea or help you promote the song.
How can I speed up the audio of a song?
- Open audio file
- Push CTRL+A to “select all”
- Go to “effect” on the main menu
- Select the “change tempo” effect
- Dial in the numbers… beats per minute from: (enter current) to: (enter new)
Can you chart this song I made?
Feel free to request any songs you think are interesting & suitable for the game. I won’t fulfill many requests because I’m usually working on my own stuff but if the right song comes along I’ll chart it up. For example, the silver surfer theme, which I wouldn’t have found out about if someone had not mentioned it to me
How to dispute a YouTube audio copyright claim
- Go to where your video says “Video Disabled l Matched Third Party Content.” and click on “Video Disabled.”
- It will bring you to a page that says “My Account / Copyright Info /(Your Video’s Title)” On this page click “I want to learn more about the dispute process.”.
- The next page has two columns of text, on the second column at the very bottom there will be another link that says “Take me to the dispute form.”
- Check “This video uses copyrighted material in a manner that does not require approval of the copyright holder. It is a fair use under copyright law.”
- in the box next to it that says “Please Explain Briefly” copy:
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
- Type your full name in the signature box (First Middle and Last)
- Under the statement of good faith copy:
I have a good faith belief that the material was disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification, and that I am not intentionally abusing this dispute process.
Click yes to submit the dispute form. When you are finished with this your video will be live with audio.
Can you add me on Skype/Xbox live?
I use Skype and xbox live under “schmutz06”. It’s not worth adding me or me adding you unless we talk frequently or play games together. I’ll accept most skype requests but not many Xbox live requests. I’m hardly ever on skype or xbox live! The best way to contact me is on one of my videos or a private message. I try to respond to EVERYTHING (I miss some stuff, but if that happens just ask again). YouTube changed their personal messages and it doesn’t notify me when I get a new message so I’m sorry if I don’t respond.
Can I use your music commercially?
For monetized YouTube gameplays: Yes you can. There is no problem as long as you give proper credit (links and stuff, and make it clear that it’s my song to anyone watching). People will be watching your videos for awesome gameplay and things, not my songs, so that is fine and dandy with me. This is the only exception. Contact me if you want to use a song for a music/action video or a video game etc.
What does FC mean in Guitar Hero?
In Guitar Hero, FC stands for Full Combo – To hold a combo throughout an entire song and thus getting the maximum possible note streak for that song. Over-strumming after the final note would still be a full combo.